Player & Parent Agreement
2020 - Spring/Summer Showcase Player & Parent Agreement
This is an Agreement between the below-named Player and his/her Parents or Guardians (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Participants” and individually as "Player" or "Parents"), jointly and individually, and Coaches Choice Hockey Group, LLC, a New Jersey limited liability company, (hereinafter referred to as "CCHG"). This Agreement constitutes a binding contract between the Participants and CCHG, a youth hockey program. It is understood that the parties intend to be legally boundby this Agreement and is enforceable in the State of New Jersey, as of the date of execution set forth below herein.
NOW, THEREFORE,in consideration of the foregoing, and the representations and mutual agreements hereinafter contained, and for such other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Player agrees not to use vulgar or profane language, racial, ethnic or gender related slurs to any other person, including but not limited to, teammates, parents, coaches, officials, volunteers, opponents, spectators, arena staff, hotel/motel employees, and other hotel/motel
- The Player recognizes that there is no place for violent or overly aggressive play in hockey where the obvious intent is to injure or harm another player, and agrees not to participate in such
- The Player agrees to treat arena facilities and hotels/motels with Should any Player cause damage to or vandalize any facility or hotel/motel, during out-of-state travel, Player understands and agrees that he will be immediately suspended from further participation in the applicable out-of-state activity and that the damage shall be reported to a CCHG representative for possible further sanctions. The Player understands that in the event of damage he/she and/or his/her parents shall be personally, jointly and individually, liable for the costs assessed by the facility or hotel/motel. In the event that CCHG is required to make payment for any damages caused by the Player then, in such case, the Player and/or his/her Parents shall indemnify (including all costs, disbursements and reasonable attorney's fees) and hold harmless CCHG for the full amount of the damages. If there is a lawsuit filed against CCHG as a result of damage caused by the Player then the Player and his/her Parents shall personally, individually and jointly, defend and indemnify CCHG from and against any claims, losses, damages, legal actions, criminal proceedings, or otherwise, including costs, disbursement and reasonable attorney's fees.
- In the event of damage exceeding $200.00 CCHG may, at its sole option, suspend the Player for a period of time determined at its discretion, or terminate the Player's In such a case the termination of the Player contract shall be deemed "for cause" and Participants shall not be entitled to a refund of any money paid by the Participants to CCHG and none of the money paid to CCHG may be claimed in off-set of the damages due to the actions of the Player as set forth in paragraph "3" above.
- The Player agrees to read and adhere to all USA Hockey “Zero Tolerance” policies regarding substance abuse. See, usahockey.com
- The Player understands and accepts that CCHG does not permit, under any circumstance, cameras, video recorders, cell phones, or other devices that can be used to record or transmit images to be used in the locker rooms/showers/hotel or motel rooms at any Under no circumstances will the Player use a camera, video recorder, cell phone, or other recording device to capture, record, or transmit an image of a nude or partially nude person in the locker room/showers/hotel or motel. Anyone who violates this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action and/or penalties under state or federal law, or local ordinance. In addition, CCHG reserves the right to terminate a Player contract if it is determined that this policy has been violated. In such a case the termination of the Player contract shall be deemed "for cause" and Participants shall not be entitled to a refund of any money paid by the Participants to CCHG.
- The Player agrees to attend all practices, games, off-ice training, instructional sessions and organized team meetings, except when prevented by educational or medical reasons, learn as much as possible, ask questions, play hard, and most importantly-- have fun!
- The Player agrees that alcohol, tobacco products, and all legally banned substances, which includes marijuana, cocaine, non-prescribed medications, including performance enhancing substances, and other related drugs, have no place in hockey and the Player agrees not to participate in such
B. PARENTAL REPRESENTATIONS:
- All Parents understand and agree that neither they, nor their children, are permitted to use vulgar or profane language, racial, ethnic or gender related slurs toward players, coaches, other parents or guardians, officials, opponents, spectators, arena staff, hotel employees, and other hotel/motel
- All Parents have read this Agreement including the terms and conditions relating to the Player Representations and understand and consent to the validity and binding authority of those
- All Parents understand that neither they nor the Player is compelled to sign the subject There are other teams upon which the Player could certainly play. However, all Parents who do sign this Agreement do so voluntarily and understand and agree that upon execution this Agreement is a binding contract between the parties.
- All Parents acknowledge that they have the right to have this Agreement reviewed by an attorney of their selection prior to execution if they so
- All Parents agree to read and abide by the USA Hockey “Parent’s Code of Conduct” at all times while in attendance at any CCHG sanctioned event, regardless of the See, www.usahockey.com
- All Parents agree to treat arena facilities and hotels/motels with Should any Parents or their Player cause damage to or vandalize any facility or hotel/motel, during out-of-state travel, it is understood that you and/or the Player may be immediately asked to no longer participate in any CCHG events. In the event that CCHG is required to make payment for any damages caused by a Player or Parents then, in such case, the Player and/or his/her Parents shall indemnify (including all costs, disbursements and reasonable attorney's fees) and hold harmless CCHG for the full amount of the damages. If there is a lawsuit filed against CCHG as a result of damage caused by the Player or Parents then the Player and his/her Parents shall personally, individually and jointly, defend and indemnify CCHG from and against any claims, losses, damages, legal actions, criminal proceedings, or otherwise, including costs, disbursement and reasonable attorney's fees.
- All hotel, travel, and meal expenses incurred by the Player are the sole cost and responsibility of the
- All Parents unconditionally give to CCHG, its representatives and employees, the right to take, keep, sell or use in advertising or promotion of its business photographs and video of players in connection with their hockey CCHG is hereby authorized by the undersigned Parents, their successors and/or assigns, all copyrights to use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. The undersigned hereby agrees that CCHG may use such photographs of players with or without their name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. It is agreed, therefore, as Parents, that I/we are aware that I/we may be in the background of some of these photo as result of taking video and/or photos of players and I/we hereby waive any right, title or interest in said photos or video recordings.
- All Parents agree that in the event of an issue you may have with a member of CCHG coaching staff or management, that you will take that issue up with that individual or his/her supervisor privately and in a mature manner away from the athletes and other Notwithstanding, all Parents understand and accept that CCHG has a "2 hour" rule that we ask Parents abide by which means that if you have an issue aforesaid, you must wait at least 2 hours before approaching the CCHG representative to discuss your issue which we agree is a reasonable "cooling off" period.
C. RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
- The Participants voluntarily agree to the Player participation on the CCHG Select Showcase It is understood that there are many risks inherent in, and incidental to, participation in travel ice hockey of any kind. Notwithstanding, the Participants understand the risks but are still willing to participate (or to permit the Player to participate) in the CCHG Select Showcase Team. The Participants voluntarily assume all risks inherent in, and incidental to, such participation and hereby release, absolve, indemnify, and hold harmless CCHG, its agents, servants and/or employees, individually and jointly, from any liability or responsibility arising out of any injury to the Player. This release is absolute and includes, but is not limited to, travel to and from practices, games, tournaments, and/or related activities. The undersigned hereby authorizes CCHG, its agents, servants and/or employees to use its/their best judgment, under the prevailing circumstances, in dealing with the Player, treatment of the Player, continued Player participation in a game or practice, in the event of any injury to a Player.
- All Participants understand that they are personally responsible for the costs of any medical care and/or treatment rendered to a Player and understand that it is the responsibility of the Parents to provide insurance coverage under a medical insurance plan of their choosing to cover all costs of the Furthermore, the Participants understand that CCHG does not possess insurance coverage for injuries to Players during practices and/or games as it is the sole responsibility of the Participants to obtain and utilize their own personal medical insurance plan in the event of a Player injury requiring medical attention.
- We hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCHG, its agents, servants and/or employees from and against any costs, fees or damages (including reasonable attorney's fees) incurred by CCHG, its principals, agents servants and/or employees in obtaining medical treatment for a Player due to a lack of or insufficient insurance coverage obtained by the
D. FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS AND CCHG REFUND POLICY:
- Parents and Players, 18 years or older, agree to be personally, individually and jointly, responsible for the financial commitment made in this Agreement to
- Players will be provided with hockey game jerseys and socks which are and will remain the property of In the event a Player does not return the jersey and socks at the end of the weekend, all Participants agree that they shall be personally, individually and jointly, responsible for the cost of replacing said items.
- CCHG understands that hockey is a costly sport and that everyone comes from different financial backgrounds. Therefore, CCHG reserves the right to permit, in its sole discretion, some Participants to enter into payment plans with CCHG, in CCHG's sole discretion, when based upon proof of financial hardship as reasonably requested by CCHG. For more information, please contact AJ Ricciardi, Director of Player Personnel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notwithstanding the above, all Participants understand and agree that there is no right to a payment plan and that it is up to the sole discretion of CCHG to extend a payment plan to the Participants. All Participants understand and agree that CCHG reserves the right to refuse to enter into a payment plan with any of the Participants and shall not bear any liability to any of the Participants due to said refusal.
- All payments must be made electronically through our website cchockeygroup.com. CCHG does not accept personal checks.
All Participants understand that spots are limited and that certain applicants for the team will be As such, it is expected that those rejected applicants will seek to join other teams or programs. As such, CCHG bases its ability to provide the services to the Players by the amount of funds collected at the time of the tryouts. Consequently, CCHG does NOT refund money to any Participants in the event of withdrawal, injury or aPlayer's inability or election not to play after execution of this Agreementand, as such, the Participants,individually and jointly, waive any defense of failure to mitigate damages by CCHG.
- CCHG does not guaranty nor promises that it will improve the college or professional hockey potential of the Player or guaranty equal playing However, CCHG will provide, to the best of its ability, the best environment, coaches and skill development, to assist its Players in realizing their full hockey potential.
By checking the box on the “check -out’ page, the Participants acknowledge that failure to abide by the rules set forth in this Agreement constitutes a breach of this Agreement and subjects the Participants to disciplinary action and possible expulsion from the Team
Coaches Choice Hockey Group, LLC.